Thursday, September 18, 2014

First Baptisms!

Right after Sawyer passed his year mark, he had his first baptisms. They taught and baptized 3 teenagers, Xavier, Janelle, and Benji. Here's what he said about the experience:

The baptisms were such a great experience! I had the privilege of baptizing Janelle and confirming the two boys the next day in sacrament meeting. It was such a spiritual experience! Usually when I give blessings, I get super tired afterward and my mind just goes blank during them. But during the confirmations I just wasn't even thinking and words were coming out of my mouth. It was so cool! We went and saw the kids last night and I can already see a difference in them now that they have the Holy Ghost! Now we just need to keep working with them and make sure that their roots are firm!

Xavier, Janelle, and Benji 
Elder Varvel and Elder Palmer look so happy!
Since this, the kids have gone to a youth conference, and the boys have received the Priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment